In addition to promoting scholarly research and exchange on Lao Studies, CLS serves as a resource and information center for all things Lao. Whether you need to know the word for “gibbon” in Lao or need to fact check an article for a story on Luang Prabang, CLS has a wealth of knowledge to draw upon to answer your questions. And in the event we cannot, we can refer you to another resource that can.
Here are some of the services we can provide:
- Connect U.S. and Lao researchers with each other
- Act as Lao cultural advisor for films, books, and articles
- Simple translation of words or phrases in Lao
- Answer Lao travel-related questions
- Act as a referral for those wanting to do business in or invest in Laos
- Help you connect to Lao officials in country
- Aid Fulbright applicants and other potential scholars looking to find sponsoring organization in Laos
We are happy to use our global connections, deep understanding of the Lao culture and history, and experience in Laos to facilitate your cultural, academic, and networking needs. However, because we are a small non-profit, we rely on the generosity of the general public in order to continue our knowledge-sharing. If you would like to contact us to use our information services, we invite you become a member of the Center for Lao Studies to support our efforts and enjoy the benefits of being part of our community. Yes! Sign me up!